Gluing Polyethylene Plastic.
The optimum glue for polyethylene
Designers of plastic components are often encouraged to use certain plastics such as polypropylene.
Traditionally, the most common means of joining polypropylene, was with mechanical fixings, or with the use of glues which required the use of primers or other surface treatments, not always particularly successful. From a manufacturers viewpoint, not always the most cost effective way.
Scigrip PPX5 is a new adhesive, developed to glue polyethylene surfaces effectively, with no special pre-treatments!
Scigrip PPX5 is a low odour, two component glue, which upon curing, produces exceptionally tough, resilient bonds. It can be used to glue polyethylene to stainless steel, mild steel, aluminium or indeed a range of other plastic and composite materials such as ABS, polycarbonate, rigid PVC or acrylic.
In what applications can PPX5 be used?
- Gluing metal inserts onto rotational moulded parts.
- Gluing polypropylene end caps of casings on air filters.
- Gluing metal grilles onto polyethylene equipment casings.
What benefits will PPX5 bring to your plastic gluing jobs?
- No surface priming required.
- Excellent flexibility.
- Very good gap filling.
- Good chemical resistance.
- Available in handy 50 ml cartridges.
- Available off the shelf from our Dublin or Cork locations.
Let us show you the benefits of PPX5. Samples available upon request.