W.I Polymers Ltd are Hiring!!
Following the expansion of our laboratory facilities & sales network, we are now recruiting technical people for both laboratory work and technical sales support. We currently employ three account managers and the proposed roles will encompass technical support with direct customer contact.
Technical Service Specialist (1)
- Carry out site visits with Account Managers, establishing the technical requirements for the adhesive use.
- Prepare samples for bond testing and in conjunction with the Technical Director, select samples for testing.
- Undertake both physical and chemical testing on substrates on bonded substrates (typically, metals, plastics, composites, ceramics, glass, masonry, wood, rubbers and paper materials).
- In conjunction with our Mechanical Engineer, determine the optimum bond areas etc.
- Prepare a technical report for presentation to the customer.
- Advise the customer on surface preparation and adhesive usage.
Laboratory Chemist’s (2)
- Prepare pilot plant size samples of new products.
- Carry out both physical & chemical analysis of products.
- Carry out stability tests on trial adhesives.
- Carry out customer funded project work.
- Carry out surface analysis of various substrates.
- Occasional site visits to customers.
The respective candidates should be ideally qualified in the sciences of chemistry, mechanical engineering or materials science. Experience in the area of adhesives & materials is a distinct advantage. Candidates must be lateral thinkers, able to think ‘outside the box’. The positions are full time & permanent and are located in our South Dublin manufacturing & research facility.
Candidates must have a full, clean driving licence.
Interested people should send a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org