BT17 Industrial Butyl Tape
Butyl tape has been used in Ireland for decades, and as Irelands foremost research based manufacturer & distributor of adhesive products, we are pleased to introduce a revolutionary butyl tape for sealing overlap joints as part of bolted assemblies. BT17 is a new high tensile strength, medium tack, non shrink, permanent butyl tape which now offers fabricators a tape with excellent immediate grab & excellent joint longevity. BT17 has a truly amazing range of technical & performance characteristics. It offers the fabricator the following performance benefits:
- Permanent sealing
- Excellent weather resistance.
- Non shrinking & permanently elastic.
- Not corrosive to metals.
- Excellent adhesion to most metals including stainless steel, mild steel, galvanized steel & Zintec.
- Excellent adhesion to composites such as GRP.
- Excellent adhesion to plastics such as polycarbonate, acrylic, uPVC and polyethylene.
We currently extrude BT17 in two standard roll sizes, 1 mm x 10 mm x 30 M & 2 mm x 20 mm x 18 M. BT17 is designed for use in the following applications
- Sealing joints in agricultural feed silo’s.
- Sealing joints in gutters, roof’s & most other façade applications.
- Sealing joints in lead replacement materials such as Ubiflex® & Perform®.
- Sealing joints in air conditioning systems, refrigeration systems, cold stores etc.
- Sealing linear joints in truck, caravan, mobile home & box container applications.
- Sealing joints in bolted water tanks etc.